Thursday, March 31, 2011

Risk in Faith

My friend Jesse Struck said something very interesting today when we were having coffee.  "If there weren't risk in faith, it wouldn't be faith."  Currently in the middle of my job search, this statement is ringing truer now than ever before.

I had a few interviews for positions this past week at the ACPA Conference for college professionals.  The positions are in different areas within Student Affairs and in different areas of the country; sometimes areas that I hadn't considered before.  Aside from the conference, I have been applying to positions all over the country over the past few weeks.  I really don't know where I want to end up, to be honest.  So many positions sound exciting and every location I've applied to is of interest to me for different reasons.  I love Pittsburgh, but must be open to the possibility that I will not have the option to stay.

There is certainly risk in making any of these decisions, though.  Going to a new place is a risk because I'd have to start fresh.  Staying put is a risk because I don't know what lies ahead for my life in Pittsburgh.  What I do know is that I must have faith that God will lead me to the right position in the right location at the right time.  Like many other decisions in my life, it is extremely difficult to have this sort of faith, but also extremely calming and reassuring that I believe in a God who has my best interest in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment