Thursday, May 5, 2011

Life on Hold

I haven't been writing as much as usual lately.  My life has really been in limbo with the shock of graduation setting in.  I have been so busy working on my last projects that I didn't give much thought to the fact that it would all be over at some point.  Life is certainly different and I'm trying to figure out what those changes mean.

The moral of the story is that I'm in the middle of the waiting game for a while.  I don't know where I'll be in July, August, or September.  I should be starting a new job by then, but Lord only knows where that will be at this point.  I cannot make plans that far in advance (although I did get a ticket for Taking Back Sunday and will get one for Death Cab for Cutie, too!).  It's very unsettling to not know where life is going to take me, but I've never been one to wait for something to happen.

Fortune favors the bold.  This is a statement I've written on my board at work and have been subscribing to a lot lately.  I'm not one to put life on hold if I don't have to, so the fact is that this time of unemployment in Pittsburgh is about soaking it up and enjoying every second I can, not holding anything back.  I plan on surrounding myself with important people in my life and doing all the things I've wanted to do but never had time for.  Painting album covers on a cornhole set, checking out Pittsburgh restaurants, going to free summer events around town, riding my bike everywhere.  This is the stuff I'll miss out on if I don't do it now.


I do not regret the things I've done, but those I did not do. - Lucas, Empire Records

In the end, I need patience.  This time of uncertainty has to result in my reliance on God to take me where I'm meant to be.  Otherwise, I've learned nothing.

Let the morning bring me word of Your unfailing love,
   for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
   for to You I entrust my life.
  -Psalm 143:8

No comments:

Post a Comment